Credits and Permissions:
- Jonah Comic
- Special thanks to Philip Williams of Staircase Studio who graciously let me adapt his delightful Jonah comic. The English version is available on his website. I made the Hebrew version first in Shockwave in 2008 and then adapted it to HTML5 in 2017.
- English - English Standard Version (ESV)
- English Standard Version. From The Holy Bible, English Standard Version copyright 2001 by Crossway Bible, a publishing ministry of Good News Publishers. Used by permission. All rights reserved. Permission from http://www.crossway.org. Available at http://www.esv.org.
- English - King James Version (KJV)
- King James Version. Available from King James Bible Online. Public domain.
- English - Young's Literal Translation (YLT)
- Young's Literal Translation. Available from Bible Gateway. Public domain.
- Français (French) - Louis Segond (LSG)
- Louis Segond translation (1910). Available from Bible Gateway. Public domain.
- Deutsche (German) - Elberfelder (ELB)
- Elberfelder translation. Die Bibel. Revidierte Elberfelder Übersetzung © 1985/1991/2006, SCM R.Brockhaus im SCM-Verlag GmbH & Co. KG, Witten. No further use of the bible text without permission of the publishing house SCM R.Brockhaus. Please contact: SCM R.Brockhaus in SCM-Verlag GmbH & Co. KG, Bodenborn 43, 58452 Witten, Germany. Email: email@example.com
- Italiano (Italian) - Conferenza Episcopale Italiana (CEI)
- Conferenza Episcopale Italiana (CEI). Available from Bible Gateway. Public domain.
- Español (Spanish) - La Biblia de las Américas (LBLA)
- La Biblia de las Américas (LBLA). Scripture quotations taken from LBLA. Used with permission from www.lbla.com. LBLA available from Bible Gateway.
- Greek - Septuagint (LXX)
- Greek Old Testament, the Septuagint (LXX), edited by Alfred Rahlfs. Available from e-Sword. Public domain.
- Latin - Latin Vulgate (VG)
- Latin Vulgate. Vulgatæ Editionis, Sixti V et Clementis VIII, Anno 1914, P. Michael Hetzenauer Editore. Available from Biblia Sacra . Public domain.
- Hebrew - Masoretic Text (MT)
- The Hebrew Masoretic Text of Jonah is available from tanach.us.
- Audio Read - Charles Grebe
- This is a slow paced audio recording that I did myself in August 2008
- Audio Read - Abraham Shmuelof
- This is an excellent read performed by Abraham Shmuelof, a native Hebrew speaker, distinguishing ayin from aleph and pronouncing the double consonants. I think the recording was done sometime during the 1970s or 1980s. Shmuelof died in 1994. Shmuelof's entire recording of the Hebrew Bible is available from Academy of Ancient Languages and Mechon-Mamre. A short biography can be found here and here.